Fresh off her BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix debut, underground dance phenom Nicole Moudaber is preparing to release a new EP, in collaboration with Victor Calderone, on the renowned Swedish Drumcode imprint. The ‘Journey Begins‘ EP will be available worldwide on August 20th. Moudaber is also currently touring, throughout Europe and North America beginning in mid-September.
Moudaber’s most recent studio efforts, produced along with New York legend Victor Calderone, combine classic styles with new-school inventiveness to deliver a techno sound that brings energy and emotion to the dancefloor. “The Journey Begins” exemplifies this musical vision with epic, soaring chords that contrast with a dark pulsing groove to create a distinctive and memorable atmosphere. On the b-side, “Vertical Limit” provides the textbook compliment; fashioning a hypnotic and tension-building workout from an infectious tribal groove, punctuated with abrasive stabs and dark, warped vocals.
“”The Journey Begins” is one of those epic techno tracks that you don’t come across that often anymore. It’s got that classic stamp on it already; you will be able to play it for many years to come without it feeling dated.” – Adam Beyer (Drumcode)
Listen to the official sample clips of “The Journey Begins” and “Vertical Limit” on the Drumcode SoundCloud page now.
A true force to be reckoned with as a DJ and producer, Nicole Moudaber’s rise through the ranks of the DJ elite has been swift, purposeful and striking. Nigerian-born, Lebanon-raised, and now living in London, Moudaber’s eclectic background manifests itself in her global and diverse sound: edgy, percussive house mixed with tough, soulful techno that exudes emotion and energy that has propelled her to the very forefront of today’s exciting international electronic dance music scene.
Acclaimed remixes of hers include versions of Carl Cox’s “Chemistry” (which won an International Dance Music Award for ‘Best Minimal/Techno Track’) and Sian & Mladen Tomec’s “Front Pocket” (which spent weeks at the top of Beatport’s Techno Chart). Additional work with the likes of Santos, Martin Eyerer, Mauro Picotto and Bart Skills have been released on esteemed labels like Drumcode, 8Sided Dice, Kling Klong, Waveform, and Carl Cox’s own Intec. Later this year, Moudaber is planning to launch her own label MOOD Records, which will house her future releases, along with top talent from around the world.
‘The Journey Begins‘ is out August 20th on Beatport.com.
- September 14 Toronto, Canada @ Footwork
- September 15 Montreal, Canada @ Stereo
- September 16 Brooklyn, NY @ Dekalb Market
- September 21 Houston, Texas @ Stereo Live
- September 22 San Bernardino, California @ Nocturnal Wonderland at NOS Event Center
- September 28 Boston, MA @ Bijou Nightclub
- September 29 Miami, FL @ Space
- October 12 Bogota, Colombia @ Downtown
- October 13 Pereira, Colombia @ La Herradura
- October 13 Medellin, Colombia @ Forum Club
- October 14 Cali, Colombia @ Eliptica Club
- October 17 Amsterdam, Netherlands @ ADE Awakenings: Carl Cox presents Global 500 at Gashouder
- October 19 Naples, Italy @ Terminal
- October 27 London, United Kingdom @ Drumcode at The Great Suffolk St. Warehouse
- November 3 Helsinki, Finland @ The Clinic